Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Conclusive Proof...

...that there is no intelligent life on Planet Earth:

The concepts I worked with are "pee" and "poo". My objective was to find out whether these two words could act as a starting point for creating soft toys with a sense of soul, of life. By letting the fabric be my source of inspiration, I used a reverse process to achieve something unexpected and unique, asking myself where the material might lead me - and what could I make from it? It led to two cuddly toys, Pee&Poo. I wanted to explore whether these, in many eyes, taboo-charged body functions could withstand being translated into the form of cuddly toys.

Dear, sweet merciful God in heaven, it goes on.

And I wanted to find out what it took to breathe life into inanimate objects like pee and poo and, at the same time, create cuddly toys that do not disgust or shock people, but attract and tempt them.

I also put a great deal of thought and effort into the way they were to be made into a pair, belong together, in terms of design and shape.

7 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Blogger Jane Bellwether said...

Stories like this make me proud that at times when I don't have anything interesting to say or think, I don't. I'm not sure why that imposes little barrier for other people, but I suspect it has something to do with grant money.

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger spd rdr said...

I feel a photoshop op coming on.

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Uber said...

lmao...just no words really.

 
At 4:06 AM, Blogger camojack said...

Like, what's next...PUKE?!

 
At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Hershey Corp is going to be Very Put Out.

Either that or PBS will make a child's show out of it. Grant money is right.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Eric said...

I want a set.

 
At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't you make one of your very own? One that is unique to you?

*bad Cricket*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home