Tuesday, November 15, 2005

O-kayyyyy....

In case you were wondering why KJ has been so tight-lipped about his...err..ummm..."important trial", he spilled the beans to me last night.

I even got a sneak peak at the complaint he filed on behalf of The Man. I gotta tell you, it's a thing of beauty:
"God received different material valuables from me, as well as prayers in exchange for promises of a better life. In reality, this did not happen - I found myself in the devil's hands."

You have to love a dude who is suing the Romananian Orthodox Church for "alleged God-inflicted" damages.

6 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger spd rdr said...

Boy! You talk about representing "The Man!"

Um...Does God pay his fees on time?
Just asking.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Jane Bellwether said...

I'm pretty sure he's gonna need more than a verbal contract if he wants to win this one.

Oops! I hope the jury's cloistered; it would be very bad if we prejudiced them.

Sorry. Could. Not. Help. It.

 
At 1:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The benefits are heavenly.
(okay, it was a groaner)

God won't try us with adversity beyond our capacity to endure it, but the basic contract, if I may be so bold to utter a long held personal belief of mine is that
He does His part and we do ours. That means we make choices and suffer the consequences or reap the blessings.

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Cassandra said...

I think a lot of people forget the "and we do ours" part.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Jane Bellwether said...

Bless you Cricket, I thought I was going to hang in the wind on that one.

So, did KJ say what the guy was suing for? I don't think the Eastern Orthodoxes even have chairs to sit down in, so not much collateral there... maybe he wants some of their crazy cool icons.

 
At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw Shucks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home