Friday, September 23, 2005

Firearm Confiscation In N.O.?

Some bloggers, Triggerfinger and GeekWitha45, are hearing about the Federal Government confiscating firearms from all people they come across in New Orleans, even from their own home. It is believed that this has been going on for more than a week. If true, this is an outrage. Law abiding people need guns there right now, and certainly needed them when the looting was at its zenith.

But at this point it is only rumor. If anyone has confirmation -- either first hand knowledge or LameStream Media reporting -- please let me know. I would be interested, plus I will forward the information to them for further reporting.

3 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger Jane Bellwether said...

They started the confiscations back on Sept. 8. I blogged about it, as did Mary Eileen at BBA.

The usual suspects deny ordering confiscation, which makes the restraining order issued on Friday that prevents Nagin, Police Chief Compass and Sheriff Strain from such confiscations a very interesting occasion.

Not that the story's picked up much speed in the press otherwise...

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger KJ said...

I vaguely remember that tee. Slipped my mind. Thanks for the tips.

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Jane Bellwether said...

No problem - it reminded me that I hadn't followed up on the story. My bad - the worst downfall of getting to blog about anything that comes along seems to be picking what to revisit and actually doing it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home