Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Traffic Generation Post

My Tom Cruise/Matt Laurer post has generated a lot of Google search traffic for the Cheese. Thus, even though I have no interest in this story, I thought I would post about it since it might generate a lot more traffic.

Apparently, Lauren Bacall, a name I recognize but an actress I couldn't identify in a line up or tell you a single movie she was in, doesn't approve of the way Tom Cruise has been acting lately.

Bacall told Time magazine that Cruise's behavior has been "shocking." Can I get an A-MEN! from the congregation.

She doesn't say if she's referring to his jumping up and down on Oprah Winfrey's couch, his public displays of affection with Katie Holmes or his feud with Brooke Shields over antidepressants. But who cares. He is a freak!

"It's inappropriate and vulgar and absolutely unacceptable to use your private life to sell anything commercially," Bacall said. "It's kind of a sickness." Like Scientology, baby!

Bacall doesn't seem to respect Cruise's talents, either.

"When you talk about a great actor, you're not talking about Tom Cruise," Bacall said.

And when you talk about movies that suck - well, you are talking about Tom Cruise.

Worst movies of past decade has to include Eyes Wide Shut and Vanilla Sky. You go Tom!

Show me the blog traffic!

BTW, check this out. Very cute. Photo of Tom playing Saddam in upcoming trial.

5 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger KJ said...

I'm not suggesting you change your mind. I just can't place the name with the career.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Jane Bellwether said...

If she was purring with that smokey, come-hither-Bogie voice of hers, you'd recognize her alright. Key Largo and Casablanca, just off the top of my head.

I think at this point there are so many Tom hijinks in everyone's face that it can't be pinned to any one incident. The guy is manic out-of-control. Maybe he's on something besides Scientology. Yeah, Palmiero never used steroids either.

 
At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wOW! lOVE YOUR BLOG! i CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF tOM cRUISE AND THE sCIENTOLOGY STORY! iS HE HUNKY OR WHAT?

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger KJ said...

Smart ass.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger portia said...

It didn't long for this phrase to be added to our lexicon.
Dollars to donuts, KKKKatie will be using those three words to describe Tom within the year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home