Thursday, May 12, 2005

Gay Thursday

A new feature here at No Government Cheese is Gay* Thursday.

Why gay? Because I wish to promote happiness.

Why Thursday? I don't know. It just seems like a queer, happy kind of day. Mondays suck. Wednesday belongs to white trash. Friday belongs to vespers. Nobody blogs on the weekends. That leaves Tuesday, which as everyone who has ever listened to any radio station knows, Tuesday is Twofer Tuesday, meaning that two songs from the same crappy, overplayed artist are played back to back all day. So that leaves Thursday to be merry and gay.

This inaugural Gay Thursday takes us to a happier time, when cats were Gods, as were lots of other things. A boy named Tut was king.

Thanks to neato technology, archaeologists have recreated King Tut's facial features.



*************************************************
Hawass's CT scan gathered 1,700 images, from which three-dimensional plastic models of the skull were created. These were used by the three teams [Egyptian, French and American] to reconstruct Tut's face and head.

*************************************************


It turns out that King Tut was a cross dressing, Las Vegas show girl. The CSI team is investigating his death.

* Gay: 1 a : happily excited : MERRY b : keenly alive and exuberant : having or inducing high spirits 2 a : BRIGHT, LIVELY b : brilliant in color

7 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Blogger Pile OnĀ® said...

Even though it is now friday, this post still makes me feel gay when I read it. Nice work.

Isn't that Hilary Swank?

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Jane Bellwether said...

It's next Wednesday, and I'm pretty happy, maybe in a white-trash, still sittin' in my jammies, unwashed, sippin' cold coffee with my dog at my feet kind of way. Kind of like the boy king if you think about it, except I'm not into the Vegas get-ups.

I won't argue about Twofer Tuesday, since I grew up in the rock-block 70s. But don't forget the sporadically appearing Eurotrash Tuesdays. Like most things Euro, it's a fad, not an institution, but it's still a spectacle to behold when it shows up.

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger KJ said...

I saw a cite with Eurotrash Tuesday, but I didn't find any other support for it, so I didn't use that.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Jane Bellwether said...

You would be right. I fly solo sometimes, baby! Plus, it's sort of Euro-y to just do stupid crap and expect the world to think, "How cool. Those Europeans know how to do everything." Pegs the irony meter, I'm tellin' ya.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger KJ said...

It was your site tee bee. Maybe we should team up on Eurotrash Tuesday and Gay Thursday. Then both would be established.

Or not.

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Jane Bellwether said...

That sounds like fun. I'll try to drum something up for Gay Thursday. Can you post any guidelines to my gmail? Eurotrash Tuesday is simple: all things trashy and Euro (includes all of the West there, GB etc.: see queen with finger entry). No timeline, either newsy or not [though pop stuff is the real goldmine], etc.

 
At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that ain't King Tut!!
That's Sinead O' Connor and Boy George's *love* child!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home