Thursday, September 22, 2005

You Got Served

In my mood of questionable humor, I find this piece utterly hilarious.

WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — One person required stitches and a mother and son were arrested after a brawl broke out during an impromptu "dance off," Wichita police said.

"This is a whole new arena" of crime, said Wichita police Lt. Jeff Easter.

The Dynamic Steppers, a Wichita drill team, were practicing routines Saturday night when members of another drill team called the White Tigers showed up and challenged the others to a "dance-off," police said.

When the challengers appeared to be losing, a woman struck a 17-year-old Dynamic Steppers drummer in the face with a drumstick, Easter said.

The teen, who had left the White Tigers to join the Dynamic Steppers, punched the 28-year-old woman in the face. He then ran toward his Ford Explorer and tried to run over spectators, witnesses told police.

Life really does imitate art all too often.

Cross-posted at Guide to Midwestern Culture.

4 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger KJ said...

Yeah, KJita asked to do tap lessons, but I think it is just too dangerous.

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger spd rdr said...

Midnight basketball would have helped this situation.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Jane Bellwether said...

I still blame FEMA.

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger KJ said...

I'll have you know I was listening to Grand Master Flash and The Furious Five when I was junior high school in rural Kentucky. There was no appreciation among my lighter skin friends.

Do there ain't no doubtin' my street cred.

*****************
Sadly, that was the last good rap group.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home