Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Hot Time In The City

Philadelphia, without a sports champion since Dr. J led the 76ers in 1983, and known for its brotherly love, if you consider throwing batteries as sports teams, booing Mike Schmidt and throwing snow balls at Santa Clause as brotherly love, now must accept losing yet again.

Philadelphia has been voted by Travel and Leisure magazine to have the least attractive people in the country. Ok, technically, it came in 25th on the list of attractiveness. Out of 25. Miami came in first on attractiveness, with San Diego second, though many people think the hottest people live in San Diego.

Philadelphia did pick up the pace on cleanliness (22 of 25) and safety (23 of 25).


A curious one for me: New Orleans ranked as the 2nd friendliest city, well ahead of San Diego. Yet, San Diego seems to have the edge on using sports stadiums for natural disaster evacuations:

Like Hurricane Katrina evacuees two years earlier in New Orleans, thousands of people rousted by natural disaster fled to the NFL stadium here, waiting out the calamity and worrying about their homes.

The similarities ended there, as an almost festive atmosphere reigned at Qualcomm Stadium. Bands belted out rock 'n' roll, lavish buffets served gourmet entrees, and massage therapists helped relieve the stress for those forced to flee their homes because of wildfires.

Not even one report of cannibalism.

Atlanta, which was ranked in the teens in most categories, pulled in a big number 6 on barbecue.
We were robbed.

******************************************************************************

In other news

Lest we forget, the Clintons have a history that should make one pause in the Democratic primary. It won't though.

Some people smoke because it keeps them skinnier. Not so says another anti-smoking groups' study run through a University (keep in mind that if a study were funded by tobacco and found smoking did cause you to be skinnier, it would be untrustworthy). Smoking mice are smaller and eat less, but they are also less muscular. This is supposed to make you not want to smoke. Like bigger and fat is the same as smaller and fat?

President William J. Clinton is now considering Singapore on his short list of vacation spots.

Chuck Norris has endorsed Mike Huckabee for President. If you do not know who Chuck Norris is, then read this. And pray he doesn't kill you tonight.

Read this. Warning -- Christianity mentioned.

15 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Blogger spd rdr said...

My beautiful Philly-born red-haired wife says that she is going to kick your ass and burn San Diego to the ground... and not necessarily in that order.


Keep those in SoCal in your prayers. I've got peeps out there.

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Cassandra said...

My goodness. I will have to come back and read all of this when I put out the fire in my hair :p

And I will have to try that Atlanta barbecue when that goodlooking grandson of mine is born! Heh...

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger KJ said...

I've got prayers for SoCal.

As for Mrs. rdr, yikes! Since she is from Philly, I have no doubt that she can kick my ass.

 
At 1:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sister sent me a link to that article, since we're from Philly ourselves. Regarding my attractiveness [or lack thereof], I am hardly objective...

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Cassandra said...

Regarding my attractiveness [or lack thereof], I am hardly objective

Well I was not paying a whole lot of attention at the time because I am not in the habit of checking out gentlemen to whom I am not married, but I think you are very nice looking, camo.

Not sure how much that is worth, coming from me. And your good lady doesn't seem to mind you too much either, so I'd take that as confirmation :)

So with ms rdr that's a sample of two Philly hotties. My husband's childhood best friend (who I think still manages to bring the sizzle) makes three.

So... pppphhhhtttthhh. It's all in knowing where to look.

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger KJ said...

Uh, just so it's clear. This isn't my study or survey. Take it out on Travel and Leisure magazine.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Cassandra said...

Oh no you don't, counselor.

I think you *personally* traveled to all those cities and rated the denizens of each one.

That would explain this:

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/84-10232007-1428546.html

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Cassandra said...

Oh fine...

This

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Pile OnĀ® said...

Smoking mice?

Damn. I have smoked a few things in my life but I have never put a match to any small rodents.

 
At 3:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cassandra:
That was a very nice thing to say; as I said, I am hardly objective about myself.

But as for you, I think your husband is very lucky...for lots of reasons. Seems to me you both are...

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Cassandra said...

What my husband is, is stuck with me, poor b*stard :)

Luckily the man is an amazingly good sport about it. Must be the sense of humor... heh.

 
At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah, Hotlanta wasn't robbed. It is just that most people west of the Mississippi think barbecue is hamburgers and hot dogs, not steaks, pulled pork or chicken or any of the Good Stuff.

Since moving here to The South a few years back, I have done me some learnin.' Now, uh, where does one get good barbecue in Atlanta?

We don't get out of our south metro county much...

 
At 4:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

shopping bag
non woven bag
environmental bag</a

 
At 5:28 AM, Anonymous ITI said...

cg iti admission 2018
cg iti online
iti delhi admission

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Kevin Dellinger said...

If someone wishes expert view on the topic of blogging and site-building, then I propose here to pay a quick visit this blog, Keep up the good work. Why not find out more: How Not To Password Protect Folder?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home