I can go ahead and fill in my ballot for the final NCAA football rankings. I don't need to wait for the Ohio State v. Florida game in 6 days. I've seen all I need to see. I'm voting the Boise State Broncos as my number 1 team.
How can you do that, KJ, you ask? Aren't you an SEC boy? What if Florida wins against Ohio State? Well, I hope that happens, but that won't change my mind.
Why Boise State? Here is why:
1. They beat a very good, No. 7 ranked 10-2 Oklahoma team that lost only once (and once more on a call so bad the refs responsible were suspended for the rest of the year) in the best, wildest game I have seen since that Doug Flutie game against Miami.
2. They are undefeated, 13-0, having beaten every team they played. No matter what, neither Ohio State, which played the weakest Big 10 schedule possible, or Florida, can say that.
3. The National Championship in football is mythical. I can vote for any undefeated team I want. So like when I was ready to vote for the snubbed Auburn and Utah, I can vote for Boise State.
4. You know as well as I do that Oklahoma could have played with Ohio State. Boise State beat them.
5. Boise State plays their home games on a blue turf field. See picture. How do they do that you ask? Well, c'mon. Turf is plastic. They can make it any color you want.
So there you have it. I loved last night's game, and I think Boise State should get a share of the Title.
My final season top ten:
1. Boise State
2. Ohio St./Florida winner
4. Ohio St./Florida loser
5. Auburn or
6. LSU if they win
7. Kentucky (screw Louisville and USC). The Cats won their first bowl game in 22 years.
8. Who cares.
Enjoy the rest of the meaningless games.