Wednesday, October 17, 2007

How Long We Work

I really miss blogging like I used to. Truth is, a 60 plus hour work week protecting the man, two baseball seasons for the oldest (and I'm head coach, which means leaving work at 4pm on game nights), 35 children's birthday parties, and an infant just get in the way of internet surfing. I'm not even reading as much as I used to, and certainly not commenting like I used to.

A lot happened since my last post. Cassandra called it a career, for now, by shutting down the best general purpose blog on the internet, Villainous Company. And all she left us was a small taste of her brilliance. As Johnny Lang once sang, I look out my window, but it's still raining.

On the good news, the Ebb & Flow Institute has turned on the lights again. Pile On may just be campaigning, but his answers to some fast talking interrogation make you realize what a great President he would be.

Of course, I guess we should be thankful for the calm, even flow of Heigh Ho.

Well, I guess I'll talk about sports now.

It's almost too much just to keep up with the Kentucky Wildcat football team, which rocks this year and is currently #7 in the first BSC poll. Sorry about that LSU! NOT!

If you have a Heisman pick, here is your man: Andre Woodson (picture above).

Although no one will believe me, I picked the Rockies to win it all this year (well, I picked them at the beginning of the playoffs -- not in March). Getting to the playoffs by winning 16 of 17 or whatever it was convinced me. Always pick the team on the roll in baseball. I can't say I'm sorry the Mets imploded like a bad cake either. I would have liked my Braves to make it. Maybe next year.

My daughter's t-ball team which I manage much in the same vein as a collie herds cats finished the regular season 8-3-1, tied for the best record in the league. Now for the pressure cooker double elimination playoffs. The trophy size is based on the playoffs only. Oh, and of the 4 games we didn't win, I was unable to be there for 3 of them. Hey, I'm not Crash Davis. Somebody call The Sporting News.

In popular culture, I continue to wonder how Brittney fell so far. And that fall was after Crossroads. What a shame.

In real news, a student was suspended for simply suggesting that college students might should be allowed to carry concealed weapons. Regardless of how you feel about his idea, simply suggesting a change in policy is not a threat, nor is it insane. A case can be made for his position. Yet, to get back into school, he must undergo a psychological evaluation.

Yeah, a psychological evaluation over a political opinion on peacefully carrying concealed weapons. The biggest thought police tyrants occupy many of our colleges and universities. Of course, had he made outrageously untrue scientific claims, called President Bush bad names and called for the elimination of capitalism, he might win a Nobel Peace Prize.

Speaking of which -- what does global warming have to do with world peace? No - really. The Nobel Peace Prize geniuses that gave the award to two of the worst leaders in history (Arafat and Carter) offered an explanation. (See here -- read the second paragraph.) It is so ridiculous, I don't think even a lawyer could say it with a straight face.

I may be guest blogging at EFI as well. Keep checking here and there every so often.

10 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Blogger Cassandra said...

Wow.

I didn't think today would end on a high note. I deleted all 2700+ of my stupid posts, then ended up putting a few lame ones back up at the last minute for a variety of reasons, not the least of which was I wrote another article and they linked to VC even though I didn't tell them to do that. Plus someone pointed out to me that I am a moron, which is becoming distressingly frequent these days.

*sigh*

But before midnight I will be able to say I left a comment on all three of my old friend's blogs. I guess it is stupid, but I am sentimental.

I can't think of the last time I was able to say that.

Thank you. You guys are the best :)

Good night, gentlemen.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Cassandra said...

Oh, and you've still got game, counselor :p

 
At 1:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh...my...GOD! It's only been, what? Six months.

Glad to see you posting again; of course, it's been a month since I did, too...

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Cassandra said...

Well get busy, then :p

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger spd rdr said...

"...the calm steady flow of Heigh-ho?" More like the annoying drip drip drip of a faucet in the middle of the night. At least someone is picking up the slack for me. Welcome back, counselor.

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Pile OnĀ® said...

So uhhhh....I reckon that pack of dogs you have keeps you busy too.

I reckon.

 
At 1:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cassandra:
I reckon I'll post again, one o' these days; I've got some amusing anecdotes from a buddy currently serving in Iraq...he gave me permission to post 'em, too. But I've been waiting for you to comment on my last post... :-(

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Cassandra said...

I have been over there several times Camo. I do visit. But I know you turn the comments off after a few days so I assumed they were turned off already.

Sorry :p I did read them! I have not felt like talking much lately.

 
At 4:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cassandra:
I turn the comments off once a week has passed if I've posted something new...which I haven't done in over a month.

Later today however, I'll post something I think you'll appreciate...

 
At 5:23 AM, Anonymous ITI said...

iti telangana
iti kerala

 

Post a Comment

<< Home