Saturday, October 15, 2005

I'm Not Saying That

I have received a few extra hits this week from Yahoo image searches for David Beckham, whom I noted had an interesting legal battle over his tatoos here.

Now as understand it, Mr. Beckham is a British Footballer, or as we say in the States, he plays that gay, boring, stupid sport called soccer.* So, not to disappoint our great allies from Great Brittan, who get way too into that lousy sport I would not walk across the street to watch adults play, here is a picture of Beckham.



Now, I'm not saying he's gay. I don't have to. I think the picture is saying that loud and clear.

*Note: exception to that description made for 4-6 years olds, as four year old KJita scored 4 very exciting goals today.

Disclaimer (sort of): Soccer insults are not new at the Cheese. If you think soccer is a cool sport, great. Watch it to your heart's content. Why, I'll bet after a life time of watching live soccer matches, the 7 goals you saw will be burned into your memory. And don't give me crap about not understanding soccer. I do understand it. I know the rules, I have an elementary understanding of the strategy (which in World Cup play is play for the 0-0 tie) and I have friends who are/were quite excellent at it. I watch my country's team play on occassion and I've seen some college matches live when friends were playing. My total hatred of adult soccer should not be a threat to you. Get over it. And no, I do not think Beckham is really gay.

5 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Cassandra said...

Well I personally am traumatized by this post. Expect to hear from my attorney.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Pile OnĀ® said...

No matter what issues come along to divide KJ and I, there will always be the core issues to unite us.

A word of caution though, 4-6 year old soccer leads to 6-8 year old soccer which leads to dad coaching 14-16 year old club soccer. Which leads to regional championships, which leads to dad driving a van to Indianappolis for nationals.

Which of course leads to....

Gay.

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger KJ said...

I hope to turn that corner and stop that natural progression at t-ball age.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger T. F. Stern said...

Do not fold, spindle or bend it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home