Monday, August 15, 2005

Clinton Seeks Our Help -- Needs Another Disc

Image hosted by Photobucket.comI don't like to spend much time talking about Clinton anymore. His wife is the story now. But, he keeps jumping into the news.

As many know, President Bill Clinton has embarked on a project to release a CD compilation of his favorites. Called "The Bill Clinton Collection: Selections from the Clinton Music Room," the CD will contain some of his favorite songs, including one his daughter was named after.

The Clinton Library has contacted No Government Cheese and requested some music appropriate for the anticipated second CD to be added to a "Special Edition" to come shortly after the original.

Thus far, I have thought of the following:

Liar, Henry Rollins Band

Me So Horny, 2 Live Crew

Maybe a Prince song. There are so many potentials here. Of his first album, there is "I wanna be your lover" and "Why you want to treat me so bad." His third album includes "Controversy" and "Private Joy." All of these seem fitting.

OK, that covers punk and hip hop. We also need some regular rock and country tunes, because Clinton was a President for all the people.

I open the floor for suggestions.

7 Comments:

At 6:16 PM, Blogger Doug said...

I suppose "Like A Virgin" is out huh ?

 
At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about "Girls, Girls, Girls" by the Crue.

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

"I Like Big Butts and I Can Not Lie" by Sir Mixalot.

Duh!

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Pile On® said...

I think Stephen Still's "Love the One You're With" would fit in.

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Pile On® said...

Or how about Frank Zappa's "I want a horny little Jewish Princess" (with Titanic t**s and sandblasted zits).

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger portia said...

Where to start:

"Your Cheatin' Heart"--Hank Wiliams
"I've Been Everywhere"--Johnny Cash
"Guilty"--Bonnie Raitt
"A Little Less Talk and a Lot More Action"--Toby Keith

"You Can Leave Your Hat On"--Joe Cocker

"Start Me Up"; "Beast of Burden"--Rolling Stones
"Light My Fire"; "Touch Me"--The Doors
"Addicted to Love"--Robert Palmer
"I Want Your Sex"--George Michael
"The Rising"--Bruce
"Don't Talk"--10,000 Maniacs
"Sex (I'm a ...)"--Berlin
"Fixing a Hole"--The Beatles [sorry, I couldn't resist]

I think there are enough entries for a box set.

 
At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She Hates Me -- Puddle of Mud (his song about Hillary)

Information -- The Rainmakers (the key to success in Washington)

Before You Accuse Me -- Clapton (song for the vast right wing conspiracy)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home