Monday, February 06, 2006

Super Bowl XL

The Pre-game: The introduction of prior MVPs was awesome. The singing of the Star Bangled Banner was awful.

The Game: Pittsburg 21 Seattle 10. The offensive pass interference call was not the autrocity some are playing it to be. He stiff armed the defender then broke the other way. He probably could have made the play without the stiff arm, but he guaranteed the defender could not break for the ball because of the stiff arm. Besides, I was rooting for Pittsburg.

Bill Cower finally has his ring. It is deserving. Great job coach.

MVP: Hines Ward. My Georgia Bulldog fan friends are happy.

It was hard rooting against this guy though. Next time you think about making excuses, read this. Then quit whining.

The commercials: Favorites: #1. Cell phone with theft deterence. #2. Fired Caveman For Not Using Fed Ex. #3. Michelob Football Game. Is there a theme with these commercials? Yes, cartoon violence ala 3 Stooges. And I loved them.

Halftime Show: All in all, The Stones are better than some pop princesses and boy bands, but I would have preferred a Motown Tribute.

Maybe if Aretha had sung some songs she knew how to sing rather than the Star Bangled Banner?

4 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Blogger Cassandra said...

I missed most of the commercials.

If only I could say the same for the halftime show.

Aiieeee! My eyes!

 
At 3:53 AM, Blogger camojack said...

"Is there a theme with these commercials? Yes, cartoon violence ala 3 Stooges. And I loved them."

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk...

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger Pile OnĀ® said...

Mick needs to wear long sleeved shirts. He has some granny flab swinging around on the under side of his arms.

And the audio was horrible, even by big stadium standards. I thought I could hear Ashlee Simpson caterwalling in the background.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Cassandra said...

The whole performace was atrocious.

I was embarrased for him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home