Monday, January 30, 2006

End of the Spear Not End of the Road

I noted how both the lamestream movie critics and the church going movie public was unreliable when reviewing a movie with Christian themes.

Well, Saturday night I saw End of the Spear. It was at least a B+ movie. It certainly did not suck. It was unfairly trashed by the critics.

The story was very moving. The scenes were tastefully done. No unnecessary gore or blood. The special effects budget was quite modest. Which was a good thing. The acting was better than Top Gun, though there were no Anthony Hopkins or Ed Nortons in this movie. Still, Louise Leonardo was quite good I thought. The only criticism I have is the music was a little too much at times. I can get moved without loud sappy music. But that criticism is apt for most Hollywood dramas.

Was it an A+ movie? No. But it was worth seeing, especially if you are a believer. The quality of this movie should not hurt the ability of Christian films to make it to the theater.

What will ultimately matter most, of course, is the dollar.

I intend to buy the documentary as well. I suspect it will be even better.

3 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Blogger Cassandra said...

It was at least a B+ movie. It certainly did not suck.

Well that is a ringing endorsement if ever I heard one: "Go see it NOW: it certainly did not suck, ladies and gentlemen..." :)

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger KJ said...

Well, my point was the bias of the critics. Many of them said the movie sucked. It did not. Their criticism is not credible.

B+ is an endorsement. That is my conservative grade. I recognize my own bias to want to like it, so I am downplaying my endorsement. I actually think it was an A-.

It was no Gymkata though.

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Cassandra said...

Well, can *any* movie realistically expect to come up to that standard?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home