Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Day After New Year News

Rep. Murtha must have been concerned that his prior military service made it unclear that he wanted his country to lose the war on terror. He made that clear yesterday.

"Would you join (the military) today?," he was asked in an interview taped on Friday.

"No," replied Murtha of Pennsylvania, the top Democrat on the House of Representatives subcommittee that oversees defense spending and one of his party's leading spokesmen on military issues.

"And I think you're saying the average guy out there who's considering recruitment is justified in saying 'I don't want to serve'," the interviewer continued.

"Exactly right," said Murtha, who drew White House ire in November after becoming the first ranking Democrat to push for a pullout of U.S. forces from Iraq as soon as it could be done safely.

Murtha then pledged to do everything in his power to make sure that America fails in Iraq and that the war on terror is set back for "a really, really long time. I think we should pull out and run now. We are obviously losers."

NOTE: Is my added commentary an exaggeration? You decide.

*******************************************************************************

World's Largest Fish Fry set in New Zealand.

Ok, I know. That was wrong.

It should be "mammal fry."

*******************************************************************************

Gender switching judical blogger is leaving his job. No word yet on whether he will be male or female in next job. His blog is quite funny.

*******************************************************************************

Take that you damned, dirty ape. Chuck Heston was said to be very happy on hearing the news.

4 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Blogger Jane Bellwether said...

That's "you damned dirty ape," and I'm with Heston. Kong was and is stupid, no matter what post-Colonial read or special defects you imbue it with. Narnia, otoh, was wonderful.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Cassandra said...

I think Murtha has gone off the deep end, and anyone who defends him had better be prepared to explain themselves. 82% of the military would recommend the career to others and 70% say they'd re-enlist, so where the hell does he get off saying what he is saying?

He doesn't support the troops, he doesn't support the stated position of the United States Congress and he is actively undermining the foreign policy commitments this country has made abroad.

In my book, that is nothing short of treachery. In short, I question his patriotism, and I question the priorities of anyone else who fails to do so.

Just in case you were wondering what I thought. Because I'm sure you were. I tried to keep my mouth shut.

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Cassandra said...

And don't even ask me what I think of King Kong.

Because I'll tell you.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger KJ said...

I know what you mean about King Kong. I am not in favor of a monochry either Cassandra.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home