Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Tis The Season

I know, I know. You have finally taken the required safety courses and purchased your large firearm, and already the season is ending. Yes, today is the last day of Hurricane Season. In case you rush out looking to land that hurricane on the last day, some rules to remember.

You may shoot only hurricanes. If you come across a Tropical Storm or Depression, even though it may be named, you cannot shoot it until it becomes at least a Category 1 hurricane.

Only one hurricane per season. Though the quantity of hurricanes has risen in the last decade, officials have not yet approved raising the limit per hunter. That may happen next year if hurricanes appear to be as over populated as they were this season.

You cannot shoot a hurricane after today. Yes, there is a named storm in the Atlantic right now that may become a hurricane. But after today, you have have to just let it go.

Finally, do not despair. If you purchased a lifetime license, you will have plenty of hurricane hunting opportunities in the next decade. Besides, landing that first hurricane always catches people off guard. Especially the cleaning and cost of preperation.

Also, in just a few short months, you have a hunt in which to participate.



It will be BASEBALL SEASON!

P.S.: Please remember your gun safety.

For example, do not shoot at apparently unoccupied out houses.

Also, do not shoot at an animal standing between you and your kid. You may shoot your kid instead.

7 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, Blogger Cassandra said...

I guess I'd better hit the gym. Maybe when I finish this work I'll finally get that trip back to the Keys...

Sigh.

 
At 2:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh babies oh babies oh babies!

Hurricane huntin'! I LIKE it. For JesseJackson, Kanye West's & Sharptongues sake, I fear getting any black sky/water caught in the crossfire. I don't want to be thought of as someone who doesn't care about the black clouds! Furthermore, who wants to make Oprah MAD...She was REALLY REALLY REALLY MAD after Katrina...although I'm not really sure WHY, or that she knew why......she just was....

MUAH!!...y'all!

[a veteran/alumnus from TOB mentioned KJ by name in an email to me tonite, but not in vain, so I wanted to find the Gov't Cheese URL to send them and decided to multi task and sprinkle some kitty litter on the gubmint cheese)

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Noton Yalife said...

Baseball Season?

Best get out my shotgun then, but damned if those things don't make expensive targets.

Pull!

 
At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Masked,

Just don't be shooting at the metal ones. They might be [making you] an endangered species.

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Noton Yalife said...

Metal Baseballs? Ouch :-)

 
At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Masked---- Sorry, I thought you were bat hunting.

Now, SSSHHHHH!!!.....Cassandra could WALK in or SWING by anytime. Do NOT let her CATCH wind of this! BASEd on some of her BATty past history---we know the drama's gonna FLY as a result of her sonar picking up on it!)

I mean it!! BE QUIET!!!. If Cassandra were to get her MITs on this, we WOOD all STRIKE OUT.

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Noton Yalife said...

OK, quit that, you'll make me ruin my new laptop.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home