Monday, November 21, 2005

The Good News -- The Bad News

First, The Good News. I am not dead, nor am I suffering from low self esteem. In fact, nothing gets the lawyerly juices flowing like the sweet smell of victory in the mid-afternoon.

Yes, after 6 days of trial and 3 hours of jury diliberations, The Man was returned a defense verdict in a wrongful death trial. The Man was protected. The status quo was maintained. The only check to be written will be to cover my fees.

As Nuke LaLoosh said in Bull Durham: "I love winning, man. You know, like its better than losing."

All is right in the legal world.

The Bad News, of course, is that I'm back. I feel like that guy in the Account Temp commercials. It sucks when the temporary help makes the full time employees look bad.

I have read and enjoyed the posts here each day in between my 18 hours of working, and I cannot believe how good the site has been in my absence.

Thank you Cassandra and tee bee for making No Government Cheese so good the last 10 days or so.

I have seen commentors here that I had not seen before. I hope you come back and give me a chance to keep your interest. I will not get geared up in volume until after Thanksgiving probably, but I will try to post each day until then.

Great job.

I'm back. Sorry.

7 Comments:

At 11:23 PM, Blogger spd rdr said...

Congratulations, counselor.
Sic transit gloria mundi
Welcome back.

 
At 3:58 AM, Blogger camojack said...

You're right to blame/credit Cassandra for my presence here, although of course I've seen your posts 'round da "blogosphere"; I was planning to add a link to here from my blog...I just haven't done it yet.

 
At 4:52 AM, Blogger Cassandra said...

It's all true. I paid camo but I imagine he'll come here for free now. I'm so glad you're back, KJ - I was running out of butter 'n egg money.

Seriously, thanks :) It was very nice of you to give me this chance and I enjoyed it.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Jane Bellwether said...

Cass was the draw, I just posted bits and pieces. Oh, and I was the one who posted the before-and-after pictures of the "case" you went to Sweden for. Hope the new headlights are healing alright!

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Cassandra said...

Cass was the draw

Yeah. More like "Cass was the hot air". Thank God for tee bee to lighten things up.

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Jane Bellwether said...

Oh no, Cass, I mean it. The lingerie shots I found sitting in the draft folder really spiked the meter when I put them up a few days ago.


Heh... you know I'm kidding, and I know I'm kidding, but there are several hundred readers who are now madly thumbing through the archives of the past ten days. We should have adds on this site so we can make some money!

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger Cassandra said...

re: lingerie shots in the draft folder

Yeah...who knew KJ could look that hot in red silk?

Mamma mia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home