Thursday, October 06, 2005

Fodder: A Little Perspective on the Harriet Miers Nomination

Here's an interesting comparison for perspective that was tagged onto an earlier article from the Washington Post about Harriet Miers:


Graphic
Lacking Judicial Experience
Fourteen Supreme Court justices nominated since 1930 had no previous experience as a judge. Of those, seven served in the administrations of the presidents who appointed them. SOURCE: Congressional Quarterly Guide to the Supreme Court

Heck, it's no secret that I like good news, or even hopeful news, although Rehnquist being on that list is thin hope indeed. I'll defer nitpicking the list to more able legal minds, like KJ.

Cross-posted @ GMC.

5 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

chirp, chirp, chirp, go the crickets.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Jane Bellwether said...

I don't think it's crickets, I think it's just that nobody cares about useless data like this. Take me, for instance. I think I'll go play tennis. I have no idea what I'm doing here.

 
At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you always have to have the last word, don't you.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Jane Bellwether said...

What on Earth would make you say that?

 
At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

see, there you go again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home