Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Seattle Stammerings

Funny Moment Of The Day

What made me laugh today? Mrs. KJ, KJita and I did a tour of Seattle via The Ducks. These vehicles are cars and boats. We start out on land, then drive around the lake, then drive back to the lot next to the Space Needle. During the drive, an ambulance came up behind us. Our driver pulled over, and just before passing us, the drive of the ambulance went "quack quack" through the loud speaker of his vehicle. I hope some guy wasn't dying in the back.

My 9/11 Tradition

On 9/11, 2001, I was in Texas for depositions. I had a ticket that afternoon that obviously wasn't used. I drove overnight from Dallas to Atlanta with two other Atlanta attorneys attending the same deposition. Since then, I have been out of town on each 9/11. Last year, I went to Cincinnati with some fraternity brothers for a get together. We went to a Reds game. This year, I am in Seattle. Since I had to stay at the hotel to call in to a partner's meeting that morning, I could not go with Mrs. KJ and KJita to watch whales. So I started my new 9/11 tradition. For the second year in a row, I went to a baseball game outside of Atlanta on 9/11.

Stadium Review

My compliments to the Seattle's Safeco Field. I really liked the common area just behind the center field wall. I also liked that you could walk around the entire stadium at the 100 level of seats. Not only that, but they have bar height metal tables around the stadium so you can stand and eat/drink while you watch the game from the top of the steps to the best seats. You can also stand right next to the dugouts with only a wire fence seperating you from the pitchers. Overall, I like Atlanta's Turner Field better, but Safeco Field was really nice. I liked it better than Cincinnati's "Pretty Good" American Ballpark.

Hippy Watch

We saw a hippy today. No anarchists though.

Hungry In Seattle

The food is pretty good here. Ivar's fish and chips and salmon chowder is awesome. I also recommend buying fresh seafood at the Pike Fish Market. We also found some good sea food at a locals place. Today, we bought a couple of cooked crabs and ate them at the hotel. A few days ago, we bought the biggest lobster tail I had ever seen. I cooked it in butter on the little stove in the room. It would have cost at least $80 in a restuarant. Yummy.

Vick Not Overrated

Falcons beat the Eagles. YEAH! Rush Limbaugh could not be reached for comment.

3 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Blogger Jane Bellwether said...

My mom would also recommend Bouchart Gardens in Victoria, BC; lovely pics of Victoria and Bouchart here.

And if you haven't seen an anarchist, you haven't gone into a coffee shop. They aren't always trying to kill someone or overthrow the government through violent force - sometimes they have to get some work done or catch up on some homework. Coffee shops are ideal for this.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger KJ said...

I've been in coffee shops. They just aren't wearing their red circled A badge for me to identify them for KJita.

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger Pile OnĀ® said...

If you find one, use your cell phone to take a picture, I want to see what they look like in their natural habitat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home