Thursday, August 18, 2005

Atlanta Makes Its Move For #1

Last year, Atlanta was named the #2 meanest city to the homeless in the nation, behind Little Rock. So the city, determined to be #1, proposed a ban on aggressive panhandling in the primary business and tourist district. This was of course alleged to be "racism."

Well, the majority black city council has passed the bill, and the black mayor is ready to sign it.

Even the normally nutty left wing rag the Atlanta Journal & Constitution is behind the measure, which allows silent, sign use panhandling.

We're going to be #1 baby! If we take over the top spot, I say we clear the streets and have a home and business owners only parade.

3 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Blogger Noton Yalife said...

Now if only Atlanta would do something about it's Gang problem. The only time you would catch me downtown after dark I would be in a group of 30 other fairly good sized men most of which were carrying a couple of 2 pound bludgeoning weapons.

Looking back on it we still probably weren't adequately armed.

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

12,000 abandoned homes? That is just nuts. I can't remember where but I saw it but there was an interesting link on abandoned corporate buildings in Detroit somewhere on the net. Some guy was going around and taking photographs of them. It is sad really. Some of those old buildings really had character. What a waste.

 
At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least he's honest. If he were black I might stop and buy him a forty.

Seriously, I love Atlanta but I feel safer on the lower east side of Manhattan at 2am than I do on Peachstreet, or Peachavenue, or Peachboulevard. Must be home-turf advantage, real or percieved.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home