Thursday, January 12, 2006

Been Busy; Back Now

Sorry I have been kind of quiet for a few days.

I had oral argument in the Court of Appeals today on a rather large, complicated lawsuit.

So, both sides have appealed multiple issues, but I get to start out.

Four minutes in, I'm making my great analogy on why I should win the case outright on a technicality, and the Judge asks:

"Assuming that argument doesn't work, counsel, what else do you have."

KJ: "Well, your honor, all I have is my jokes. I don't sing or dance."

************************************************************************************

3 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger Jane Bellwether said...

So, you must really be impressing the heck out of that judge. Will you have to reconsider working in some soft shoe later?

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Cassandra said...

Actually one of the Generals the Unit used to work for actually started dancing (soft shoe) once during a meeting right after he bombed big-time in front of a roomful of 3-stars.

It's still a legend.

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger spd rdr said...

"I don't sing or dance."
And you call call yourself a litigator?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home