Monday, November 21, 2005

10 Most Inspiring Movies

John Hawkins over at RightWingNews has his list of the 10 Most Inspiring Movies up.

Go look at his selections and let me know what your picks would be in the comments section.

I would have selected the following right off the bat:

1. Gettysburg - I can never watch Pickett's Charge without crying
2. Henry V
3. Sands of Iwo Jima
4. Bridge on the River Kwai
5. Ben Hur

I would have to think about the rest.

Can you guess the following (no peeking)?

1. Most represented male actor on the ballot.

2. Most represented female actor on the ballot.

3. Most represented directors on the ballot.

4. What year (let's say within 5 years) had the most nominated movies?

7 Comments:

At 6:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, tough one as most movies entertain, not inspire ... here's my thoughts, not too sure of the order:

1. Schindlers List
2. Glory
3. Saving Private Ryan
4. Show Girls (Just kidding)
4. High Noon
5. We Were Soldiers Once
6. Hoosiers
7. Armageddon (had to throw this one in)
8. The 10 Commandments
9. Ben Hur
10. Rob Roy

Frodo

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Cassandra said...

SHOW GIRLS????

You punk. I may have to drive all the way up to Massachusetts and thump you soundly for that one, sir. How's the countdown going?

 
At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Countdown continues ... 5 more days before I leave Iraq (am on very light duty at this point), apx another 4 or so days in Kuwait, then 5-7 at demob station, 3 at home station ... and done! While I'm very proud of my units accomplishments here and do not regret coming here, I can't wait to get home.

Frodo

PS - What? You didn't find Showgirls inspiring? ;-)

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Cassandra said...

I didn't *see* Showgirls, as I suspect you already know :)

I have very boring taste in movies. I joke around a lot because it keeps people amused but I favor pretty pedestrian fare.

 
At 12:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, now how can you criticize then ... Showgirls was an under dog story, a young woman pulling herself up the Vegas show girl ladder against all odds, fighting the system ... oh all right, it's a salacious piece of trash!!!

;-)

Frodo

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Cassandra said...

Only you could cast it as a female empowerment flick, Frodo :)

I have a feeling the Unit would have like to have seen it too. Probably has - he's just afraid to tell me for fear I'll mock him mercilessly... heh.

 
At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, if the Unit is anything like me, he would probably agree that beautiful half naked women only gets you so far in a movie ... sooner or later there has to be a plot to keep you interested!!

3 and a wakeup and I'm out of Mordor.

Frodo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home