Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Katrina Aftermath - Time For You To Step Up

The images I have seen from Gulf Coast are the most overwhelming for me since 9/11. There will be lots of bloggers working this story better than I. This is my one post on it (maybe) so let me be brief.

Here is my request for those lucky enough to stop here. First -- try to understand. I do not know if even I can.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

You need to help Americans hit by Katrina right now. Go to the Atlanta Area Red Cross to give specifically for Katrina relief. The link takes you directly to the donation page for Katrina relief. Do not go to the International Red Cross. All that money will do is fund a new report about how bad America treats terrorists in foreign prisons.

If you want to give to another charity, stop here to evaluate its efficiency and answer questions about charitable giving.

If you see a looter carrying anything other bottled water and energy bars, shoot to kill.

Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. is like school in New Orleans today. No class. Hey, you living off bootlegging money - let the Governor get his state in order before you start sniping at him on false claims that Kyoto had anything to do with Katrina. You sound like a stupid German bureaucrat. Maybe you should try listening to a few learned scientists.

Here is one media outlet with what appears to be pretty good coverage, at least of New Orleans.

I look forward to all of the foreign aid that is sure to come pouring in to help America, just as America came to the aid of the tsunami victims, the Iran earthquake, and every other natural disaster the last few decades.

Kevin Boyd - Louisiana Libertarian - are you out there?

Godspeed to everyone trying to get out and to those helping them.

2 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Blogger spd rdr said...

I stand in stunned silence, yearning.

 
At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty nice place you've got here. Thanks the author for it. I like such topics and anything connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home