Wednesday, August 24, 2005

High School Pregnancy Outbreak

When I read this yesterday, I couldn't think of anything to say except - sad. But then I read the article again this morning, and it struck me what is so stupid about this.

There are 490 female students at Timken High School, and 65 are pregnant, according to a recent report in the Canton Repository.

The article reported that some would say that movies, TV, videogames, lazy parents
and lax discipline may all be to blame.

School officials are not sure what has contributed to so many pregnancies . . . .

"Not sure what has contributed to so many pregnancies?"

My guess is not TV, video games or even lazy parents.

My guess is sex.

UPDATE: Further evidence that safe sex education does not work. See Canton's Timken High School Mascot.

1 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Blogger Jane Bellwether said...

You missed the knock-down, drag-out over at The American Mind. [really, if you have time, do go read it.] If you had, you would know from Sean's commenters that we have a right to sex separate from any silly, antiquated notion of "consequences." So it must be the TV or something. 'Cause you can't blame sex.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home