Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Which C Student Did You Vote For?

Included in Senator John Kerry's Navy records, which he finally allowed to be released, were his Yale undergraduate grades. Now, I don't want to be partisan here, but, based on college grades, there was no mental heavy lifting in 2004's Presidential race. According to the Boston Globe:

Kerry had four D's in his freshman year (three in history classes). Bush had only one (astrology).

Neither Kerry nor Bush had an A for any class. Kerry's highest grade was an 89 (political science class), and Bush had three classes in which he scored an 88 (anthropology, history and philosophy).


Bush's cumulative GPA was a 78, while Kerry's was a 77.

Kerry's best grades his freshman year were in (no surprises here) a political science (high C - 79) and French class (77).

It would have been nice to have had this information in the election cycle. Based on the ancient history of college life, Bush had a slight edge in the academic department.

Most interesting to me: I think that Bush has, as President anyhow, shown a true appreciation for history and political philosophy. That is consistent with his best grades at Yale, though they were only a high B. Kerry, on the other hand, did well in what I would have expected -- French and politics.


Now, is there any doubt who has the uglier college picture? Kerry's photo makes me thing two words: mouth breather.

7 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Blogger Pile OnĀ® said...

This must have been before the days of brow tweezers.

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger KJ said...

Cass, I noted the "ancient history" that was college. Besides, I can't believe you could pay attention to the words with that Kerry photo staring you in the face. I can actually hear him breating when I look at it.

But since I kicked ass in college and law school, I must whole heartedly disagree. If you didn't do well in college, well, then you didn't. And your punishment is might become President. So there!

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger KJ said...

OK, Cass, so you partied a bit much. But consider this: here we have a Senator and almost President, and a President. And neither one of them got a friggin' single, solitary A in their entire college career. I went to a hard college with lots of Yale quality students. Helk, I was recruited by Yale's football coach when I was in high school. Grade inflation and side interest or not, that sucks!

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger KJ said...

Plus, the humor of the whole Kerry smart, Bush dumb crowd.

Arrrgggggghhhhh. I still hear him breathing! Someone give him an oxegyn mask!

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger spd rdr said...

I hear Yale's hard.

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger KJ said...

Yeah, Bush's D was in astronomy. But astrology is funnier.

 
At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

KJ,
You're cracking me UP. Imagine what it sounds like when he eats? AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

That pic just goes to show you that age can't always be blamed for oooogly!

Meanwhile, Dubya is rather handsome. Betcha I know which of the 2 was the chic magnet, whilst the other was just a maggot.

BAD KITTY! BAD BAD CAT!
[*lame attempt to justify my mean spirited poopyheadedness* If Kerry wasn't such a disingenuous, traitorous FRAUD, I'd probably ...maybe...go easier on him about his creature features]

Kerry & Clinton bombed out pretty bad in spelling bees. Both spelled harrass as two words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home