Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Dumbass Of The Week -- Or When A Gay Old Time Goes Terribly Wrong

Apparently, the Scots don't have plastic light sabers at Target.

This week's Dumbasses of the Week go to two Star Wars Fans in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire. This sounds grisley. But c'mon. What were these people thinking?

TWO young Star Wars fans were critically ill in hospital last night after a homemade "lightsaber" blew up and showered them in burning petrol. The 17-year-old girl and a man aged 20 were believed to have filled a fluorescent light tube with petrol before setting it alight.

However, their stunt went tragically wrong [Ed.: And this was a surprise?] when the device exploded in their faces, setting their clothes alight and leaving them with horrific burns. The horrific accident was revealed when firefighters were called out after reports of a blaze in woodland in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire.

When the crew arrived at the wood, the fire was out and they discovered the pair lying in agony on the ground. The man is believed to have suffered more than 40 per cent burns to his body.

4 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger Pile OnĀ® said...

I dunno, that has worked everytime I have tried it.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Masked MenaceĀ© said...

Works for me too. Every time I place gasoline in a tube and light it, it explodes just fine.

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger tee bee said...

This is nothing. Just wait until they find the missing Hertfordshire LOTR fans, buried while trying to locate Middle Earth.

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So now they have half the Vader transformation complete with the third degree burns and all. just can't quite get the power of the force down, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home