Friday, August 11, 2006

'They are patriots'

tee bee

Jenna posts about Andrew Gimson's column in the Times Online, "Americans will die for liberty."

As I commented at Jenna's, I was touched by that article too, especially when I expect many here and abroad are crowing about this payback to Bush's crony, Blair, and how the evil neocons have created this terrible backlash of terrorism.

It was refreshing that not only did someone see through the smoke and blather, but they looked beyond themselves, the cultural divide and the national boundaries, and beyond our own harsh critics.

And someone printed it.

This should be today's required reading.

2 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Blogger camojack said...

OK, I read it...and saw that it was good. Not everyone outside of this country is clueless; not everyone inside this country isn't...

 
At 5:18 AM, Blogger Cassandra said...

Thank you for posting this tee bee. I kept trying to leave a comment the other day but for some reason my PC kept freezing up whenever I brought up a blogspot comment window, so eventually I gave up in frustration.

This was a really neat piece. I am sending it to my husband at work - I think the Marines will enjoy reading it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home