Thursday, November 03, 2005

True Heart Wrenching Story

So I'm sitting in my office trying to protect the Man when two office workers enter. I recognized them since they worked in a file room down the hall, but I did not know either one's name. One of them introduces herself and asks me if I would be willing to give some money to the Heart Walk, which she is organizing for our office.

Here is a re-enactment of our conversation.

KJ: "What is that?"

Office chick: "It is for the American Heart Association."

KJ: "But I'm anti-heart."

Office chick: "How is that?"

KJ: "I just am. I am against hearts. Especially bleeding hearts. The heart is just a muscle, and overrated at that."

Office chick: "I need my heart."

KJ: "Then you should go to law school."

Office chick: "I plan to."

KJ: "Then give it time. You will learn how to live without your heart soon enough."

I gave her some desk drawer money and sent her on her way.

2 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Blogger Noton Yalife said...

She must have been cute.

Patriarchal Oppressor :-)

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Pile OnĀ® said...

I am not against hearts, but I am uncomfortable with them organizing into associations. That could lead to higher wages and less productivity. We have to compete on the world market with people whose hearts are basically slave labor organs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home