Friday, July 29, 2005

Home Internet Out

I will not be posting this weekend. Or even checking and commenting.

My home internet was knocked out by a thunderstorm late Wednesday evening.

We will not be on line until Monday at the earliest.

I will get stuff posted today until I leave for the Braves game, who were tied with the Washington Nats three days ago, but now lead the NL East by 3 games.

It was nice while it lasted in Washington. I don't think the Astros will even let the Nats win the wildcard. What say you, Pile?

I will leave this post on top today, and post new stuff under it. Don't stop reading just because this is on top.

And do check in and feel free to comment away over the weekend.

7 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger Pile On® said...

Well, I don't think the Astros can keep up their current blistering pace, but clearly they are heading in the right direction and the Nats are heading in the wrong direction. Advantage Stros, who by the way beat Pedro Martinez and the Mets last night with a starter they just called up from AAA. When things go right they go right, and know they are tied for the wildcard lead.

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Pile On® said...

now, not know

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger spd rdr said...

Well, Cass, you can't say I didn't warn you. Now, let see whether MMLB plunks down any change to pick up the couple of players the Nats need to make a run for it.

When pigs fly.

 
At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Twinkies!

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Jane Bellwether said...

Sure, KJ, hit that post on my site and then take a powder. I did come back with a crushing, if not witty, dissent. All for naught. Here's to you being back among the [virtual] living.

Now that I think about it, should you be telling us that you'll be away for a while, and to make ourselves at home while you're gone? John at WuzzaDem did that recently. I don't think it'll happen again soon... something about blood and burn spots on his carpet.

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger T. F. Stern said...

As much fun as MY Astros are to watch right now, and yes they do have the lead in the Wild Card, I still say St. Louis is the best team in both leagues, and deserves it. They have the better than average pitching, defense and a batting line up that never ends. Go Stros!

Hope the lightning didn't do too much damage.

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger KJ said...

The Cards line up is awesome.

Repairs all made. New home equipment necessary though. Just finished installations.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home